Monday, November 8, 2010

Who Said Life Was Easy

Life is never easy. You take the good with the bad. Today my dad was strong, well, as strong as he could be. It's not easy to hear that your comforts of life will change dramatically. All of a sudden you discover that if you want to live longer, you'll have to accept some changes.....physical changes or changes with your body. Today, dad made the decision to have further surgery to make certain all the invasive cancer cells are removed from his bladder. Chemo and radiation will follow at the University hospital in Madison.

Brave decisions sometimes equal a better quality of life. My dad's last words today before I left to drive home were........I'm just going to put this in the hands of the Lord. As I drove home this afternoon I kept hearing those words in my head.

My dad is not only brave, but he also understands where to find his comfort. You're in good hands dad. We love you!

9 comments:

  1. I admire your dad for his strength, courage and conviction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the Hands of our Father continue to hold your Dad...be with him through his surgery and his treatment. He has a positive attitude....and I promise that I will pray fervently for him. Give him my love....and take care of yourself, Lisa.
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strong faith is good medicine. Your dad is in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck to your Dad! Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HL's....thank you, I admire him too.

    Jackie....my dad will appreciate your prayers, thank you my friend.

    Hey Georgia....thanks for reading my blog and signing in as a friend.

    Kellie....thanks my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very touching, and hoping the very best for your dad, you are good family, it shows.
    My dad had bladder cancer removal twice now followed by treatment. I know your thoughts and worries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bless your dad's heart. He found his comfort in the perfect place. God's heart and hands.
    I will certainly pray that his journey goes as smoothly as possible.
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mr DG....wow, we may need some advice from your experiences with your dad. Let's keep in touch.

    Diana....thank you so much for the prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So brave, even at a time when it would be easier to let fear and doubt creep in. My dad too had 3 removal surgeries... in the end, it was not any kind of cancer that took his life :) And he survived prostate, bladder and melanoma cancers. I am going to pray too for continued grace on your dad's part and strength and courage for all of you to continue to rest in HIM.

    ReplyDelete