Sunday, November 7, 2010

Apples in November

I drove on roads today that would have been perfect for cycling. Nothing like ridges, valley's and hills for a good workout. Some of you may not know this, but I grew up in Southwest Wisconsin, which is known as the area of Wisconsin where the glacier totally went around or bypassed. I guess I forgot how beautiful the hills and valley's are around Richland County. Many times today I imagined myself cranking up the hills on my bike. Too bad I didn't throw my bike in the car before I left for the conference. The 60 degree weather was perfect for cycling.

Most of the apples are past their peak and now overripe or rotting on the trees and the ground.



There's nothing like a good crisp apple grown on Wisconsin soil. Can you believe the apple orchards are still open, and it's November! $4 for a half bushel of assorted apples varieties......now that's an awesome deal.


9 comments:

  1. Don't they look yummy! Love your fall photos... it hasn't felt much like November yet, thankfully :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa...please, let me know about your Dad's appointment.
    I love the photos of the apples.
    I wasn't sure if you were home yet or not...but I see that you are still away. Take care of you...and please, please....let me know about your Dad.
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to beat SW Wisconsin for bike riding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was just gorgeous yesterday! Welcome home :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. $4 for 1/2 bushel? I feel lucky when I can get Fuji's for .98/lb.
    Honey Crisps were $1.98/lb the other day. Have never bought them!

    Love the colorful photos. glad you had a good trip.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apples are my favorite fruit. Nice apple pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the photo of the field....looks like a painting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the orchards, we have a lot here too. It is beautiful there and what a great price! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Apples rule this time of year. I didn't make my annual trip to Gays Mill this year. But the local markets have some good home grown apples almost as good as Wisconsin's :-)

    ReplyDelete