Friday, November 12, 2010

The Weather is Finally Changing

The weather is finally changing and acting more like November. That pink and blue on the radar is wet snow and sleet, as the temperatures hovers around 32-35 degrees. We haven't seen the snow yet, but that will change over night.

I finally gave in tonight after work and headed over the the fitness center for a workout. Very disappointed to find the virtual bikes were totally gone.....no where in sight. I loved those bikes since you could ride a variety of trail routes, all while watching the monitor. The virtual bikes felt real and kept my mind occupied. Where the heck did they go? I opted to use the elliptical machine instead. Being inside the fitness center gave me that familiar closed-in feeling.

Our road bikes are now hooked up to the trainer, so I'll have to get into a routine of spinning indoors. Did I tell you I decided not to teach spinning class this winter season? After two years of teaching, my heart just wasn't in it. Probably a good thing since I'll be heading south from time-to-time to help my dad with his cancer issues.

4 comments:

  1. That just isn't right. Where did those bikes go?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The right music is key to staying sane indoors. ZZ Top and AC/DC are work well, for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that was a wise decision not to do class. It seemed like it took a lot out of you, plus it's several nights away from home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think not teaching spin class was a smart move, last year is seemed more like a chore for you then it was fun. I kind of liked the snow/sleet today.

    ReplyDelete