Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Today/Tomorrow

I'm getting so frustrated. The doctors keep changing procedures for how to handle my dad's cancer. I really wanted to be there with my parents today when they met with the Urologist, but of course I had to go back to my job. Now they were given totally different information. Looks like I will be traveling back to my folks house on Tuesday night Nov. 16, so we can drive them to Madison for the second surgery. The third surgery will be Dec. 1st.

I'm relieved that I have tomorrow off from work due to the observance of Veteran's Day.

On a brighter note, here I am watching WCCO news tonight out of Minneapolis and they showed people running along Lake Nokomis since it was another warm day. So who do I see running along the trail? Our daugter Becca and her friend Artena. How cool is that? After screaming, "that's Becca, that's Arenta," I called my daughter to tell her she was a TV celebrity. I needed that little burst of energy!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I rode along the north shore of Nokomis, this evening. Apparently 'cco would rather show two young women, than my old hairy leggs, on their news cast. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HL's...Oh that's funny. Sorry Tom, guess you just aren't cute enough for TV coverage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it great when something like that gives us a thrill! You needed one for sure.
    I'm glad that you will be able to be with your folks for the surgery. I will keep you all in my prayers.
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, that is great about your daughter, and I am sure that is no coincidence that you got a boost when you needed it :) I also had huge frustration with rarely being right there when the doctors were talking with either of my parents... faith is the only thing to continue to lean on. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How weird...that you saw them on tv...so cool.

    ReplyDelete