It's time to adjust our thinking, and probably our habits as well. That basically means dress warm and drive safely. Woke up this morning to a winter wonderland. This is our driveway looking out towards the county road.
Now this is what Minneapolis looked like around 11:30 am today. We took off this morning from home and traveled Northwest towards the Twin Cities to visit our daughter. I had thoughts of staying home, but we decided to venture out towards Cities. Yikes, we experienced snow, rain and lots of slush. I counted at least 10 cars that slid off Interstate 94.
Once we reached Minneapolis, none of the side streets were plowed. Bike man immediately started to shovel the sidewalk and steps after arriving at the girls house, and figured he shoveled 4-5 inches of wet heavy snow. Fallen tree branches everywhere you looked.Of course, Becca can't forget her momma's bakery passion! Thanks Becca the delicious bakery didn't last long, especially with a nice warm cup of coffee.
Happy Birthday Becca! Sorry we couldn't spend more time with you today. Maybe next time we'll be totally snowed in so we can stay overnight! Hey, 24 years ago I went to the hospital in the middle of the night, with labor pains, in sub zero weather.....minus 4 to be exact. Then Becca was born!
Glad you made it back home safe.
ReplyDeleteI hope Becca had a great Birthday! The snow looks beautiful although I'm sorry that it made for a treacherous ride! Glad that you made it safely and I'm sure Becca was happy too!
ReplyDeleteLove Di ♥
I sure wished that we had light fluffy snow, not this wet heavy stuff that weighs a ton when you move it. HB to Becca
ReplyDelete