Monday, July 26, 2010

Long Day

Flowers From Our Garden

A late afternoon meeting at work, that lasted 2 hours, goofed up my plans for hopping on the bike to ride with Bike man. Sometimes work just dictates my daily schedule. You'd think after ten years I'd be use to that, but actually I see it as an invasion into trying to strive for a healthy life style.

No more meetings for the rest of the week, so I'm feeling kind of happy about that. I hope to be able to come home every night this week to normal hours, and hopefully some bicycle rides. As for Bike man, it's back to monitoring streams, lakes and now his newest adventure.....BioBlitz! BioBlitz is where you take a certain size plot in the woods and do a field study for bugs, worms, plants and even bird songs. Kind of like what we did in my dad's advance biology class. Yup, Bike man's turned into a biologist. His new second life. Hey, he's suppose to be retired!!!!!!

By the way, it's a beautiful warm and dry Monday night. Just how I like it.


6 comments:

  1. Bioblitz? Sounds like fun.. He is a man that likes to stay busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a good year for growing.
    Nice flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, normalacy is best, routine is where everything seems to fall into place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are very pretty. Does Bike Man know what being retired means?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful flowers and you know how to capture them perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe we'll need to call him BioMan instead of BikeMan.

    ReplyDelete