Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hot Beauties

Hey look, tainterturles has legs and feet!!!! I took this photo last night after getting home from work. Last night was dedicated to pulling those tall weeds in our vegetable garden. Seems the turtles have been lacking in the weeding department! Can you see my hot peppers below?

I actually picked one nice hot pepper last night. Was it hot? Yes.....very hot. I ended up cutting up zucchini, onions, jalapenos and red peppers....plus my little hot beauty. Put everything in a fry pan with some olive oil and garlic and sauteed my veggies. Of course I had to add some cooked bacon. I love bacon. Top it off with freshly grated Parmesan and enjoy a little bit of heaven. That was last night.
Late this afternoon Bike man and I wrote 29 miles on the RC trail. We got a late start so we decided not to ride down to the Chippewa River. Still got home in enough time tonight to make a nice dinner of cut-up red potatoes (Joan's garden potatoes), sliced green beans, diced jalapenos and banana peppers, onions, garlic and southwest seasoning. I fried everything in a pan with olive oil. Trying to decide tonight what to call that veggie mix? Any ideas? I'll post my recipe in a few days under the Turtle Recipe tab.
I absolutely love this time of year when all the fresh vegetables ripen in your garden. It's heaven......really.

9 comments:

  1. Nothing like fresh food right out of the garden. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound like a yummy veggie (and bacon) mix, and it's 10 times better when you know it came from your garden! Mom and dad are going to come up this weekend, although only for Saturday. I put in a request from Mom and Grandma's garden for veggies! I can't wait to see what I'll be able to make :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a great idea for the name, Lisa....
    Call it: "Mine" (Jackie's)...and send it right on over...I'll taste test it for you....:))...
    Sounds delish! I used to love to eat things with the 'kick' of hot pepper(s) in them. As I am getting older, my tummy doesn't tolerate it as much any more....
    Smiles to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the garden stuff, oh that reminds me, I got lotz of weeds that need pluck'n.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HL's.....would love to share veggies with you but I can't carry them on my bicycle that far, plus the traffic would get in the way!!!

    Trisha....what a treat to see you reading the turtle blog! I have lots of zucchini to share if your mom doesn't bring some along.

    Jackie....hey, your back. I missed you my southern friend!!!!

    Mr. D Gie....ha ha, very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds delicious. I love sauteed veggies but they would be even better if they were fresh from the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Completely giggling at myself for thinking the Hot Beauties were... well your toes :) Then I saw the peppers and well now that is just plain silly I could think that... I didn't have the peppers, but I made a salad with lettuce, tomatoes, and cukes from the gardens and I agree... nothing better...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that pepper was hot enough for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your veggie blend sounds great. Everything is better with bacon. We have a never-ending supply of Hungarian Hot Wax Peppers. I love them but they are a bit too hot for the rest of the family.

    I look forward to taking cold cucumber soups and grilled veggies for my work lunches the rest of the summer. My favorite foods!

    I've had to choose between weeding or bicycle riding this summer. Easy choice!

    ReplyDelete