
I went to the farmer's market this morning, while Bike man was busy with a lake association meeting.....his last meeting. Yippee! I had a lot of fun taking pictures of all the different varieties of flowers. Also stopped by Aunt Krissy's soap table and ended up doing some people watching with her. I even spotted an old friend that use to be a favorite library customer of mine. We spent at least 30 minutes catching up on our lives, jobs and everyday life. I sure miss Jean. I hope to connect with her one of these days for a bicycle ride on the RC trail.

Took off this afternoon and drove north to the Chippewa Forest. This is actually the area where Bike man did his BioBlitz stuff earlier in the week. We had plans of riding around all the different trail sections in the woods, however, as soon as we started riding, the mosquitoes swarmed us. As you can see in the photo, it was a fairly dense area of woods. Some small steep hills and lots of humidity.....I was dying. Off-road biking is so different than road riding and I surely felt it today. My breathing was heavy from the exertion of the terrain and it almost felt like I had asthma. Bike man kept riding on the trails and I headed out to the road, only to be followed by thousands of mosquitoes. I was so glad to get back to the car, but had to quickly stripped off my bike clothes and change back into my regular clothes. That's pretty hard to do when those pesty blood suckers are going for your tender areas!!!!!!

Took a quick photo of those pesty bugs before escaping into the car.

Look what I found. I'm wondering what type of young bird would have spots on their feathers. The feather was soooooo small. Don't ask how many miles I biked this afternoon. I think I was only out there in the woods for like 40 minutes. Let's just say I had a bad ride. Tomorrow's another day.
PS. Thanks to my mom for the phone call about what happened to your Turtle Recipes on my blog menu. For some reason my "edit pages" is stuck in draft and I can't get it to undraft. It looks like I've lost some recipes that I posted last week too. Hopefully I can figure out this problem soon. Darn Blogger!
YIKES!!! Vampires every last one of those blood sucking bugs.
ReplyDeleteThere sure seems to be a gazillion of em.
Looks like a beautiful place to ride. 'Squitos suck! Pun intended.
ReplyDelete