Sunday, August 1, 2010

Friends and More

Today was garden day. Since my friend Joan is providing me with fresh vegetables from her garden, I decided to go pick green beans from her garden so I could freeze a bunch. It's nice to have a friend that shares. What we don't grow in our garden, Joan grows in her garden. I got a small bag of green and wax beans, but then picked some onions and more banana peppers.

While arriving at Joan's house, I discovered she was butchering more chickens.....all by herself. What a woman. It just happened that Trisha stopped by to see what I was up to, so between Joan, Trisha and me, we ended up helping double wrap all the big birds for the freezer. Of course Joan wanted to give me a fresh chicken.....I couldn't resist.

Came home and Bike man fired up the charcoal grill. Chicken it was! Add some sauteed vegetables, boiled red potatoes, and call it a meal. Trisha stayed for dinner, which made it extra special. Two more weeks and the Son will be coming home. Can't wait.

3 comments:

  1. It can not get any fresher then that. Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the colors in that pic are so rich! Fresh chicken and veggies sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete