Friday, July 30, 2010

I Let Him Have the Camera

Tonight I decided to show off a cool photo that Bike man took earlier in the week. During one of his BioBlitz outings, he found many varieties of fungi. This particular one reminds me of coral. It's amazing what you will find when you are out wandering in the woods. Good job BM! Maybe I should let you have the camera more often......well, maybe!

We had visitors tonight. A local man that we know has decided to run for State Assemblyman. He and his wife came over so Bike man could educate him about our local problem with lake algae. Since Bike man has worked with our lake association for over ten years, plus all his lake and stream monitoring, he has a good handle on what is being done to help this pesty algae problem, along with all the legislative stuff that goes along with clean waters. Geez, Bike man sounded like a politician himself, especially since he can recite legislative laws and who voted for or against the issue.

Who would ever think my Applied Math graduate would now become a biologist working out in the field. It just goes to show you are never to old to start something new in your life....even after retirement (5 1/2 yrs now). You know, life is too short, so don't spend year after year never enjoying your daily life. Find something to do that you really enjoy. For me its cooking, photography and of course......bicycling and bicycle trips. I can't wait to tell you about our end of August bicycle trip. I will save that for a future post.

3 comments:

  1. Bike man is a smart man. That picture is amazing, nature never ceases to astound me.
    Ride on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking fungi. That Bike Man likes to keep busy for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tht is some neat fungi! Sure has been the year for it.

    ReplyDelete