Bike man and I ended up doing our Tainter Lake loop. Everything was fine until coming down a bumpy hill two miles from home. I'm out of the saddle to reduce the bumping and jarring in my female area....if you know what I mean. One minute later I'm cranking to keep up the speed and then wham, my left foot totally releases away from my bike. Holy crap......my pedal has totally come off my crank arm.....my foot and shoe dangling with the pedal still clipped on. What the heck!
The only thing I can think of is that my pedal has been loose for a long time and I just didn't know it. Why it was loose is beyond me. I haven't touched my pedals or replaced them for a long time. I have switched my pedals on the mountain bike, but normally don't touch Ruby's pedals. Kind of weird isn't it? 20 miles
Did that once, still do not know why my pedal unthreaded. Screwed it back on as tight as my fingers would allow, was close to home, and tightened er down with a pedal wrench.
ReplyDeleteGlad you didn't endo.
That could've been bad! I'm so glad you're OK.
ReplyDeleteGlad that you didn't get hurt. I bet your heart was pounding.
ReplyDeleteWow... glad for the good outcome... my heart was beating a little fast for you :) Someone was watching out for you...
ReplyDeleteWhen I tried riding up to Hayward that happened to me. They are threaded so they tighten when you pedal.. not sure why it comes undone.
ReplyDelete