And the day after the storm? It was down right cold. I think we had a high of 5 degrees this afternoon. The sun was shinning all day, so at least that helped ease the cold snap.I'm not sure why I did this, but when I had to run errands outside today, I caught myself running.
I ran to the Post Office....... I ran to my car when I went to deliver library books to an elderly person.
Then I ran back to my car again when I had to run another errand on my dinner break tonight. I asked myself......why are you running tainter girl???
I think it's just an early winter thing. As soon as I get acclimated to the cold temperatures, then I will slow down and stop running.
Does anyone else run or walk fast when it's cold outside?
I shrug or hunch my shoulders. That's the typical Minnesotan posture when the temps get near or below zero.
ReplyDeleteLisa...
ReplyDeleteIn answer to your question...
I dunno. I'll have to find someone far faaar away and ask them.
(You are lucky to have the cold BUT...when I read your high temperature today, I backed up a liiiitle bit from wishing I had your weather. I want cold weather...but...my friend, yours is sounding bitter right now.
Stay as warm as you can (that's why you're running....warms you up!
Snuggly warm hugs,
Jackie
I was moving fast too....with my head at an odd angle to keep the 30 mile per hour winds out of my face....
ReplyDeletebrrrrrrrr........
I just walk as fast as my 28 inch inseam will allow!!
ReplyDeleteglad you got a new furnace at the library!! I think even Krissy would be chilly at those temps.
we are at 7 above zero here in Kenai, AK this morning. Stay warm!
Rose
I walk real fast and occasionally break into a run too..
ReplyDeleteCareful, you might slip and fall and break your hip! I'm like HLCB, I just have my shoulders up around my ears.
ReplyDeleteYes! I didn't realize how much faster I was walking in the cold. But then I noticed that I was getting to class earlier - my normal 10-15 minute walk to class (depending on how much I dawdle or if I stop to get my mail first) was taking a few minutes less even with my normal shortcut being blocked by piles of snow (thanks to the snowplow). :p
ReplyDeleteI tend to do like HL - hunch or scrunch my back - I end up with a sore back and can't figure out why! You all have gotten a LOT of snow and it's much colder than here. Sorry.
ReplyDelete