Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Blizzard Conditions Today

This is what we woke up to this morning. Imagine 35-40 mph winds blowing, after receiving almost a foot of snow last night.

Remember the wood we were splitting and stacking three days ago? Where did the wood go?


Our Kiwi bush on the lake side of the house.


Beautiful snow swirls are every where you look.



Annabelle is very lucky to be a house cat, however, she still is curious about the white stuff.



This is what happens when your house is hammered with an Arctic cold wind. The prevailing winds on Tainter Lake always come out of the Northwest.
On a side note:
I'm so glad I could stay home from work today. I made the decision to close my public library because of the blizzard warning today. It truly is dangerous to be outside today. Wind chills are expected to be minus 20 below zero by later this afternoon as the air temperature continues to plummet.




6 comments:

  1. We missed all the snow somehow... for once it went south and stayed south... we are cold, but the sun even came out today so I can't complain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am assuming that blizzard can be terrible...and horrible....BUT...they photograph soooo beautifully!!
    I LOVE Annabelle. Isn't she gorgeous sitting there...all snug and warm.... (Christmas card photo, I'm tellin' ya!)
    Please, stay warm, my friend.
    Thank you for braving the elements...to take the photos.
    They are stunning.
    Smiles,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I wish I was someplace warm....

    we had anywhere from 15-17 inches and the drifts were out of this world...

    and now the big freeze is attacking us....

    I need a beach umbrella and a pina colada :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was glad to have the day off too!

    Love the snow swirl pic and the one of annabelle looking through the glass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was agood day to be inside to nap, make and eat cookies and read. Oh, I did all three!

    ReplyDelete