Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My Little Secret is Revealed

Even in the mists of a snow storm, I filled in for Mark's spinning class tonight. I did have people show up for class. Wow, that was amazing despite the blowing snow.

I arrived home tonight really hungry, so I decided it would be Enchilada night. I took a picture of my favorite enchilada sauce that I prefer to use when making enchiladas. Hatch is the best.....well, in my book that is. The sauce is rich, thick and flavorful. I highly recommend using the Hatch brand. It's hard to find, but you might find it at a food co-op or Mexican market.

Someday I hope to visit Hatch, New Mexico during their green chili festival.

My Chicken Enchiladas turned out really tasty, but that might just be because I ran out of regular sharp cheddar cheese, so I secretly used some of the five-year old cheddar cheese that bike man bought weeks ago. Oops, my secret is out!

I used just a little, especially since it was $8.99/lb.

All I can say is, it's like the difference between using butter or margarine. We all know butter is superior right? Well, aged cheddar is truly a little piece of heaven.

6 comments:

  1. Mmmmm. Looks delicous. Perfect for a windy, cold, snowy night. What store do you find the Hatch sauce at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris...Viroqua's Food Co-op is where I buy it now, but I've also found it at a Mexican food store in Southern WI. I think I will start looking for in Minneapolis too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. The Viroqua Food Co-op is awesome. Unfortunately I don't get there often. This sauce sounds like one more good reason to go back (once the weather improves!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy looking. And why did I not ger a little taste? Hummmm?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks really delicious. I'm going to try making that sometime this week I think. Tim would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found the Hatch green chile enchilada sauce at the Target in Eau Claire today. However, this one is medium and it looks like the one you have pictured is mild. I look forward to trying it.

    ReplyDelete