Monday, December 7, 2009

Monday Night Spin

Had a full class tonight, which included two high school students. I love to watch the expression or body language of the teenagers. The one boy hopped on the spin bike with his extra large sweatshirt. In my head I'm saying to myself ....."Lis, just watch the young guy cuz shortly he'll be hurting and all sweaty." Yup, after the second song he was removing his sweatshirt. Ha! Never under-estimate a middle-age woman instructor. I wonder if anyone saw my little tiny smile!

Hey, Hey, Hey......it's happening people. Tainter Lake is finally freezing over. The ice depth must be around 3 inches. Enough ice for our son to drill a few holes for fishing. I'm so glad I was at work today because Chris came out to our house late this afternoon and ventured out about 50 feet from shore to drill his holes (sorry Grandma Shirley, you better stop reading right here!!!). Bike man assured me he was very careful checking the ice level every 10-20 feet before drilling.
I was ok with that until bike man told me Chris had to try a little ice skating.....geez! I guess he stayed close to our shoreline while skating, so he said. Actually, the lake is perfect for skating. Tomorrow will change due to a major snow storm heading this way. It's hard to say how much snow we'll get, but I hear the conditions will be windy with blowing snow. I'm not ready yet......help!

2 comments:

  1. I bet you could give those teens a run for their money!

    My boys are hoping for lots of snow, of course so school will be canceled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like that! There is a reason why we say "walking on thin ice" I would like it if he waits for a few more days.

    I hope that you kicked the teenagers butts with your workout tonight!

    ReplyDelete