
On Thursday night, bike man and I decided to stop at the Fox Valley mall since we had some time to waste before going back to our hotel room. We discovered a William Sonoma store near the mall entrance, so we headed straight for one of our favorite cooking stores.
So what did we discover? This particular Krups espresso machine was on sale.....more than half off the original price! After walking around the mall for about one hour, we decided to go back to WS and buy the machine.

This machine is completely automatic. Not only does it make espresso, but it will brew a long or short cup of regular coffee.

Ok, this is so easy. Start by adding either regular beans or espresso beans. The machine will automatically grind your beans each time you make a cup of java. You can't get any fresher than that, right?

Just place your cup in place and start pushing buttons as you read the menu.

I made an Americano this afternoon....two espresso shots with about 2.5 oz of hot water and then top it off with half & half cream. In my picture you can see a small crema on top, but if you make just plain espresso or black coffee you'll have much more on top....crema is the brown foam that forms when you brew a shot of espresso.
Can't wait to try a cup of a hot chocolate using the steamer, or maybe a mocha!
Very cool! Maybe you should have me over for a cup :)
ReplyDeleteSometimes I wish that I liked coffee but I don't. I think the taste is horrible. But I love the smell of the beans and coffee brewing. It smells so good. It just seems like it should taste better than it does!
ReplyDeleteUhmmm...lucky girl. Great price...and you get to make your own expresso.
ReplyDeleteIf I wrote down on paper the $$ I've spent at Starbucks or BAM, I would probably need a double shot of expresso. I'm sooo happy for you!
Kellie...yes, maybe I should have an espresso party at my house!
ReplyDeletePA...you are just like Krissy. She doesn't like coffee either. I started drinking coffee when I was 3 yrs old!!!!!!
Jackie....All the $$ I've spent at coffeehouses is the reason why I bought one of these machines! In the long-run I will save lots of $.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteCyclists and coffee there is no greater love affair.
ReplyDeleteDoes that mean that you will be all jacked up when you come to work now?
ReplyDeleteWow, that is quite a machine! Boo, hoo, i bet your're gonna be bringing great coffee for yourself to work now. Can you make decaf in that gadget?
ReplyDelete