Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trunk or Treat Highlights

The church I've been attending really puts a lot of emphasis on children and their families, so one month ago our church started planning a "trunk or treat" alternative Halloween party for kids. We were asked to decorate the trunks or back of our vehicles. As you can see I'm dressed very warm....it was cool, cloudy and breezy today.


How do you like my artwork & puppets?

I particularly liked this vehicle's trunk display!


We used the church's parking lot for our trunk or treat event today. I just wish it would have been a much warmer day.



Momma bee keeper and her little baby bee.
Our outdoor kids party went from 4-6 pm, and then we moved indoors for cookie decorating, door prizes and then a movie on the big screen. The local theater donated lots of buttery popcorn, plus we had endless amounts of donated candy. From what I could see, the children had lots of fun going from game to game and earning lots of candy. I was pooped however. I worked from 12:30 pm - 8:15 pm. This was a great community outreach event for children, even if it was a lot of work.





6 comments:

  1. I've been looking forward to this blog...waiting to see your puppets and your trunk. I love them!!!
    GREAT job!
    Isn't trunk or treat a great idea!!
    It sounds like your church had much fun after the trunk or treat as they went inside for more fun and fellowship. I like that idea, too.
    I smiled and smiled at the Beekeeper with the baby bee! How adorable.
    Thank you for a great blog. I'm so glad to be here!!
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks good. Sorry I missed it. I could go for some free candy. The little bee looks very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the trunk or treat was a success!! Your decorating of the "truck" was very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is a great idea! I have heard of it but haven't seen much of it here yet :) I'll bet the kids loved the puppets as well as the "treats." And just look at the beautiful setting amongst the trees! We just joined a new church and I am going to bring up the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job! Love the hanging snake.

    Don't I know that bee?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! it looks like it went great. I too have worked a Harvest Party event and it is excrutiating working with kids that long. Although it's a good thing - I always feel completely wiped out afterwards.

    ReplyDelete