Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday Potpourri

Today was my rest day. After getting back home from church and running errands, I could finally relax this afternoon. So, I grabbed my camera and headed down to the lake to see if Ted was having any action in the fish department.
Now take a look at these animal tracks. Hopefully you can enlarge the picture on your computer. I was thinking these looked like kitty cat tracks, but look at how spread out they are. I'm just wondering if it really was a cat..... was the cat running? What do you think?

I had to take a picture of this interesting path. This path was created by deer that come down off the hill and walk along the shoreline. It's just amazing how they will create a definite walkway. As I walked around the shoreline this afternoon, I noticed the deer tend to walk in the snowmobile tracks...they are very smart! Why tromp through the heavy snow when they can walk a snowmobile track!


Lastly, here's a picture of a 5 lb. (30 inches) Northern that Ted caught around 4 pm this afternoon. The Northern's were really active this afternoon. They keep setting off all the the tip-ups. We think they even stole the little minnows off the jig poles that Ted had set up....that's very weird.
I think we had a high temperature around 32 degrees this afternoon. The sunshine sure felt good. We had a fire going late this afternoon down on the ice, so Ted and I finished the day with a roasted hot dog on a toasted bun!








4 comments:

  1. nice looking fish. Was it a brat or a hotdog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that Northern's have such a beak-like face. Is that a pike? When they icefish up here, I think it is usually for pike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the tracks were made by a bigger cat? People have spotted cougars around here before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kris....it was natural casing hotdog.

    Patty...Northern's have wicked teeth too, and yes, it's considered a Pike (Great Northern Pike).

    Cougars? Didn't know that Jen, yikes.

    ReplyDelete