I was looking around at different blogs this morning, and I found an interesting blog from a woman that lives in the San Fransisco Bay area, via Sarah's Jottings. Take a look at her blog....she calls herself deliajude and she has very interesting subjects she talks about like her family, food, life in general...great pictures too. I was reading all her older posts and stumbled across a picture of her, or maybe her sister eating a "morning bun." Look for her Tuesday January 13, 2009 post.By the way, the picture above is courtesy of Manna's Cafe & Bakery in Madison, Wisconsin...I love technology!
Anyway, I just want to say I absolutely love morning buns and no one really knows that except my mom! Because I don't live in a metro area....I live in rural Wisconsin remember....I cannot find anyone that makes or sells morning buns. Once in a great while my mom would buy me some morning buns because my parents live close to metro area. So, all I can do is sit and day dream about my favorite pastry.
So what is a morning bun? A morning bun is made from croissant dough, lots of butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. The dough is rolled, cut and then placed in a muffin tin and baked. It's like a cross between a cinnamon roll and croissant. No frosting needed for those babies!
If you've ever eaten a morning bun, send me a comment!
never had one but now I do! I never heard of them
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of them, sounds good though. I love cinnamon rolls that are oooey goooey with lots of that caramel goodness, but absolutely NO raisens to hide and ruin it for me.
ReplyDeleteI just checked out the link you have to Up In Alaska. OMG! Now I really feel like a slug. I looked at some of her links and then felt even worse. I AM A SLUG!
ReplyDeleteOh Patty, don't beat yourself up ok? I'm a cyclist and I could never imagine myself biking year-round in Alaska. Your not a SLUG in my book!!!!!
ReplyDeleteNever heard of them either, but they sure sound yummy.
ReplyDeleteI'd ride an extra hour or so to justify a couple of those.
ReplyDeleteHarry Legge's....I'm sure there are bakeries in the Twin Cities that make and sell Morning Buns. I can guarantee you would love them!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the shout out! As fro mornming buns, if you ever are in the SF bay area, Semifreddi's makes the BEST morning buns EVER.
ReplyDelete