
If anyone has little kids around, or if you work at a library like I do, you will know what the "I Spy" books are all about. Kids love those books because on each page, you have to find all these items in the picture. Kids can be entertained for hours with I Spy books. Well, I have a little "I Spy" myself in the above picture. This is a picture of our outdoor compost pile. Hey Aunt Krissy....how do you like those colors????? Ok, here's what you need to find:
oranges ~ grapefruits ~ cauliflower ~ broccoli ~ onions ~ tomato ~ egg shells ~ coffee grounds ~ coffee filters ~ green onions

Now in the summer months, all our vegetables waste goes into our compost tumbler. On the other side of the tumbler is a handle that allows you to turn the barrel round and round to mix everything together. This composter is great and makes beautiful dark, rich compost.

And last, but not least, my goofy cat Annabelle. That's her unique position for cleaning her legs!!!!! One of these day's I'm going to use her plume tail for dusting my house! She'll a little rascal I tell ya.
PS. Spent time this afternoon on my bike trainer working on new spinning drills for my classes. I also downloaded a bunch of music from Chris's files, so I should be able to come up with lots of playlists.
That's a lot of grapefruit!
ReplyDeleteYour cat is beautiful - I love the black spots on her feet. I've been thinking about starting a compost bin this summer. I like your big roller one - that's cool. I'll probably start with something much smaller.
ReplyDeleteYour blog makes me smile. Thanks for keeping track of everything from the mundane to the sublime =) I am a big fan of composting. I think Annabelle looks like a very special cat!
ReplyDeletePatty, you can get a compost barrel in a smaller size. T ordered our's from an online retailer...it was cheaper that way.
ReplyDeleteSarah, I'm glad I can make you smile...thanks for the compliment.
How often do you have to turn your compost bin?
ReplyDeleteEvery couple days we turn it...like about 4-5 full turns. We can't turn it now because everything inside is frozen. The compost barrel is only a summer thing.
ReplyDelete