Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Old Friend

My Amaryllis at work is finally blooming. There are still two more flowerheads to open, but I think they will open by the weekend. Every winter, I take our Amaryllis to work so my library patrons can watch it bloom. Now this is an old Amaryllis mind you....like 10 years or older. All we do is feed it fertilizer water year round and let it stay outside during the summer months. We also have other Amaryllis at home, but this particular one always ends up at the library where I work. It's kind of like an old friend!

3 comments:

  1. your flower is beautiful. If I actually watered my plants ocassionally they'd probably do better. I don't have any at home because that's just too much guilt to let a plant die. I have several at work though - it's easier to remember to water them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to have color in the library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if mine will be that big after ten years or even if I can keep it that long?

    ReplyDelete