Saturday, December 20, 2008

What a Nice Hobby.......

A couple weeks ago, my sister sent me a box filled with candles that she made. The box smelled soooooo good when I opened it. Not too long ago, my sister "L" started experimenting with soy to make her candles. The picture I took shows some of the different candles L sent me. The tealights are perfect since L uses the clear plastic cups which burn clean but don't get really hot like the metal cups. The jar candles are really handy as well. You just have to remember to keep trimming the wick so it doesn't smoke as the candle burns down. L knows a lot about candles since she was a Party Lite candle consulant years ago. When she stopped working for Party Lite, then she just started making her own as a hobby. What a nice hobby. Even Becca and Chris get candles from their Aunt L!!! Tonight is a good candle night...the winds are gusting to 25 mph and the snow is blowing and drifting so it's nice to have the candles lite and filling the house with pleasant smells. Thanks L....I love my candles!

3 comments:

  1. I also had candles burning last night. It makes the house feel warm and cozy. and with this wind and snow I needed some cozy feelings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any room to place candles. But I do like the smell usually. Once I almost burnt our lamp up with a candle so I'm much more cautious now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was burning a big jar candle that you gave me yesterday. It smelled great. Is L. going to sell her homemade candles?

    ReplyDelete