Sunday, December 14, 2008

Feeling the Squeeze

Time is dwindling down and I'm starting to feel the squeeze. Even though I've down-sized my Christmas gift giving and card mailing, I still like to have Christmas treats made. Well, I ran out of time today. I went to church like usual and stayed after for a bowl of soup and to mingled with my church friends. Then I rushed off to Wal-Mart to pick up extra gifts and then headed home. I was able to get some gifts wrapped for family members, plus I got all my Christmas cards signed and addressed....wow! But wait, no Christmas cookies baked...geez. I guess that will have to wait until next weekend. Maybe I can talk my daughter Becca in to helping bake cookies when she gets home from school (hint, hint)!!!

Right now we are experiencing fierce conditions outside. Slick roads, cold temps and high winds. We are under a windchill advisory until Monday. Actually, we had rain all day and then the temperature plummeted quickly around 4 - 5 pm this afternoon. The sidewalks & roadways quickly iced up within a matter of one hour or less. I'm just wondering what it will be like to go to work tomorrow morning.

3 comments:

  1. The wind has really been blowing down here too. It rained just a little this afternoon but now the temperature has dropped to 11 degrees. You be careful if the roads are icy in the morning.
    Old Owl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldnt belive how fast the temp dropped yesterday! Get bakeing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really seems like christmas is sneeking up on us this year. I have some cookies in the freezer and so i thought i was doing ok with the baking, but I took inventory tonight and I only have one kind left. Those growing boys have been having secret meetings with the freezer.

    ReplyDelete