Saturday, December 27, 2008

Kansas City & the Rest of the Day!

It was a busy day. We had two things going on today. First, our daughter Becca left early this morning to drive up to the Twin Cities and pick up a car load of friends and then they took off for Kansas City, MO for the "One Thing" church conference (IHOP...International House of Prayer). This is a conference the kids went to last year, so they wanted to attend again since it was "so awesome" in Becca's explanation! We got a call at 10 pm tonight from Becca saying they arrive....now I can sleep. I'm still a mom!!!



The other thing going on today was a trip to Eau Claire so we could go to Sam's Club for food supplies. I found out today that Sam's will no longer sell the big jars of green olives stuffed with jalapenos.....darn it (sorry Krissy). Guess I'll just have to buy the small jars.


After our trip to EC, we headed over to my mother-in-laws for a get-together. Ted's sister & husband drove up from Milwaukee, plus Ted's other sister from Green Bay, and one cousin (see the pictures above)! We had a nice time and the dinner was great. After dinner, Winnie showed us her exercises she must do during the week as part of her therapy. Wow, Winnie has really improved physically. Tonight, Winnie was up moving around and helping in the kitchen, plus she ate a whole plate of food. This is so great because 6 weeks ago she had just been released from the hospital and was very weak and needed transitional care. Tonight reminded me of the old Winnie I use to know! I'm so glad my mother-in-law is doing better. Let's hope this trend last through the winter months.

3 comments:

  1. It's always good to spend time with family. I sure am enjoying mine! Glad to hear that Winnie is feeling so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bummer about the jar size! Also glad to here that Winnie is doing good. Dont let her go outside! She might break a hip. It's very icy now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winnie looks good! I bet everyone is happy about that. It's cool that becca is at IHOP. Ken's cousin is on one of the worship teams there. I would love to go down there sometime. Maybe we will have to do a little road trip sometime.

    ReplyDelete