Later in the morning, we all headed over to Mike's (Ted's older son) house to see Mike and his daughters and to exchange some gifts.
After heading back home in the early afternoon, I finally got my snowmobile lesson from Chris. The both of us went down to the lake and Chris went over some tips on how to handle the snowmobile. There wasn't much to it, so I just put on the helmet and Chris jumped on the back with me, and I gave it a try. Whewwwww.....I started out at about 15-20 mph, and I then boldly bumped it up to about 30 mph!!! That was fast enough for me, at least for now. I actually had fun. I'm guessing I was out on the lake for about one hour. I did learn a lesson however....wear wool socks with my Sorrel boots. When I finally came up to the house and took my boots off, a few of my toes were white and numb. As my toes started to thaw out, it was very painful.....I should have known that would happen. Next time I'll put those little handwarmer things in each boot.
I took this picture of Timothy this afternoon. It made me feel happy that I could still see his face and the top of his head. I'm sure however that Timothy will totally disappear in a week or two as we get more snow. Hang in there Timothy, spring is only four months away!!!!!
I'm glad you tried the snowmobile. I think it is a lot of fun. We go out on trails in the woods - I love night time riding when the headlights make fun shadows on the slopes and trees.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you didn't fall off!
ReplyDeleteOr get it stuck so bad that you had to get the men to get you out!
Now you will want your own!