Thursday, October 23, 2008

Madame Lanita


You know, we have some really talented people in my local area. The fun part of my job is to find great talent and hire them to perform for the children. Several years ago I invited Madame Lanita to come to my library and perform for the little children. Well, I liked her performance so much that I invited her back again. You see, Lanita is a gypsy woman who likes to tell lots of stories. Lanita never leaves home without all her scarves, jewelry, suitcases, bottles, chairs, tables etc, etc.


I couldn't resist taking a picture of this little sweet girl...her name is Meadow. Her grandma , who use to be a 1st grade teacher (Mrs. K) brought Meadow to the library to see the gypsy woman. I think the jewelry weighed more than Meadow!!!



Madame Lanita told two scary stories....kind of our theme for the upcoming Halloween season! Besides her stories, the older girls had fun dressing up and learning a gypsy song & dance. Half the fun is just putting on Lanita's jewelry!


We had a fun time with all the kids, but gosh was I tired after that. My energy level isn't what it use to be around children. It's not even ten o'clock and I'm ready for bed. Must be a sign that I"m getting older...geez!

3 comments:

  1. Be carefull when you open up your jar of pickles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those kids actually thought she was a real gypsy...how funny is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a lot of fun. I'd love to hang out at the library and enjoy all the different activities. I can't wait till you get your website up so I can eavesdrop on what's going on in your little town in WI.

    ReplyDelete