Sunday, October 19, 2008

I Found Charlie Brown & His Buddy Snoopy

Season's Harvest Greenhouse.... Menomonie, WI










After driving by the new Season's Harvest Greenhouse for months now, I finally stopped by to take a quick visit. This greenhouse opened this past spring and is quickly expanding it's operation. I had the chance to talk with Josh Bermann, owner of the greenhouse, and he told me that they will be adding another couple greenhouses, plus adding a storefront which will face state highway 25. Josh took me for a quick tour through the new greenhouse that was just put up recently. Here's the bummer part. While I was walking around taking pictures, my photo card message flashed saying my card was full...darn! What I wasn't able to show you was the full view of the greenhouse operation and the petty zoo east of the metal shed. Kids and parents were everywhere! It kinda made me wish Becca and Chris were little again so I could take them to the pumpkin patch and watch how excited they would get. This place also had a little make-believe train that the kids could ride in, but it was actually assembled wagons being pulled by a small tractor or riding lawnmower...how cute is that? Then there was the young guy driving the bigger tractor pulling the hay wagon. The tractor drove around the greenhouses while the parents and kids got a slow ride. For some reason the guy on the tractor kept beeping the horn....maybe he was excited to be driving the tractor!!!!! It looked like everyone was having fun and that's what counts. I really liked the the pumpkin display inside the metal building. I wanted to take a picture of the awesome witch with her broom, but wouldn't you know, that's where my photo card showed filled. I will try to return next weekend to take more pics and post them. I was just thinking I have to hurry because Halloween is not far off and pretty soon there will be snow on those pumpkins!
For the local bloggers reading my blog, the greenhouse will close November 1st, so be sure to stop by soon. One more thing...Josh told me that in February 2009, he will open the greenhouse so the public can come and walk through and get a look at the new plants that are growing. You can't buy anything, but at least you can smell the dirt and feel the warm humidity. I'm excited because by February, we all are usually ready to smell the earth and think about spring planting and planning. Hey Krissy & Kellie, I don't think even "Clinkers" opens up for the public in February...what a cool idea hey?

4 comments:

  1. Hello! Thanks for following my blog =) I enjoy looking at yours as well. I am especially pleased that you cycle. Two summer's ago I rode my bicycle from Calgary to the coast - a trip through the Rocky Mountains of 1000 km (about 600 miles). It was epic. I am looking forward to my next cycle trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to check them out. Kellie and I went there this summer, we liked it. They had tons of plants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Clinkers a nursery? Or restaurant like Clinkerdagger, Bickerstaff and Petts Public House? We used to have that restaurant in Anchorage but it moved away a long time ago. It was good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems that Kris was having a hard time remember the name of the greenhouse that she visited a few times called Klingers, but she kept saying "Clinkers" so it's kinda like an inside joke.

    ReplyDelete