Ted's sister Winnie Lou sent out an email yesterday to give us an update on grandma Winnie. Grandma is still in the hospital and no sign of leaving yet because she is still bleeding rectally. They have given her two more units of blood. She is also still struggling to express her pain so that might be something related to her demenita/Alzheimer's. When grandma lays still in bed, she doesn't complain about pain, but when the nurses get her up and try to put her in the wheelchair, she feels pain and is very weak. She still has the chest tube in for the draining of the liver problem...that right there is painful for her! Poor woman.
Sometime this week the doctor will be doing another colonoscopy to try to find the source of the bleeding. Ted's sister expressed worry to how much more can her mom take. Grandma hasn't been able to eat anything because of preparing for the colonoscopy, so this factor is making her weak as well.
Winnie Lou called grandma's family doctor and he recommended a geriatric consult to assist with her dementia and the inablility to express her pain level. That's the latest update for now.
I will be posting later on tonight with pictures of Madame Lanita, a gypsy storyteller! Woo hoo! Question for all of you; are you sick and tired of the political adds yet? I feel nauseas every time I see or hear one!!!!!!!!!!
yes, sick and tired that is. Every other add up here is for or against Ted Stevens and for or against Mark Begich. I happen to work for the city so I feel like I have some inside info on a few things and I get cranky everytime I hear an "almost truth". I hope the doctor's are able to get a an answer to relieve Winnie's pain - that must be awful to not know or not be able to express what's going on.
ReplyDelete