Monday, October 20, 2008

93 Years and Still Going Strong!


Can you believe our Municipal building is 93 years old? The Colfax Public Library is on the left (the white shades in the window) and on the main floor of the building. The Clerk's office is located on the main floor as well, but in the back of the building so you cannot see their office windows. The Colfax Police Department is located on the right side of our building...the white door. On the second level is an auditorium with a theater stage and the original seating! There is a small balcony, but structurally, it does not meet code. The wiring on the second floor does not meet fire codes also, nor does it meet ADA regulations. Our poor old building is in need of money to remodel, but unfortunately the Village Board voted years ago not to sink any money into this building...how sad. We are located in the downtown section of town on Main Street. I think I will use this picture for our new web page....what do you think? Or should I skip the idea and just use fun pictures that are bright and colorful? Do I preserve the vintage old look or go for an updated web page look? Let me know what you think my blogger friends & family.
Update on "LC" (A.K.A. Library of Congress) the kitten. LC is doing just fine at Joan's farm. He, yes we discovered he is a boy kitten, is fitting right in with the other young cats. LC has even begun sleeping in the shed with all the other cats. Way to go LC!

3 comments:

  1. I like the old pics, but then that might be that up in Alaska we dont have alot of the old buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for the old building pic too. You can always have links to the more exciting new pics. Or have them splashed around the edges of the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see your artistic ability presented in your photography. You were always good in art so show us what you can do with a camera. Look for interesting things around Colfax and present them in a fresh new way. Show us picturs in wide angle, medium and telephoto form. Where ever you are, look for great pictures. I like your photography and your writing.
    The Big Biota Owl!

    ReplyDelete