

Once again I am featuring a unique place in Dunn County, WI for local bloggers to check out. Early Saturday morning, Ted and I hopped in the car to head over to "The Grain Bin" just north of Wheeler, Wisconsin (off of HWY 25 on Cty Rd FF), watch for the sign along the highway. The Grain Bin is a bakery and dry foods market. The selection of bulk dry foods is awesome! For a place that is kinda out in the countryside, it was sure booming with customers this morning. Customers where coming in to buy freshly baked cinnamon rolls, scones and muffins. They also feature a nice arrangement of freshly baked breads. Ted and I especially like the multigrain bread. After going through the isles of dried foods, we ended up buying a full box of stuff. I have to laugh because one of my male library patrons told me a couple days ago that he ended up coming home with a box as well. Once you see the selection of items they sell, I bet you'll do the same thing too! Hey Beeka girl, we found something especially for you. You'll never guess what it is, hee, hee! Oh, and I found something for you too Chris....it's something that you've liked ever since you were a wee little one. Here's a hint, it has sprinkles on them!!!!!!!!
Lastly, we drove by your house Krissy. Long, long time ago Ted and I picked up rocks that were piled up somewhere near your house along the roadside. The rocks in our gardens are from the farm fields near you...how about that? We also stopped by Doc Phillips house to give them some of our goodies from The Grain Bin. We've never stopped by the Phillips before so Doc kindly gave us a tour around his land. By the way, Doc is our dentist and his wife Tami owns and runs the fitness club in Colfax where I just signed up a membership. Ted knew the couple that build Doc's house years ago and it's a very interesting house design....a custom built house for sure. We loved it.
Well, now it's back to work for the rest of the day. I will try to take some more pics of our bedroom as Ted gets some of the plywood up on the walls. Yes, the subfloor is now done, but the steps going down into the bedroom have to be rebuilt. Hopefully the carpet will be installed a week or two from now. After that we can start moving our some furniture back into the bedroom. Progress is moving along!!!!!
The Grain Bin & Market
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday 7 am - 6 pm
Saturady - Sunday 8 am -5 pm
I need to go to the Grain Bin again! I try not to as I dont really need cookies and stuff, but they are yummy
ReplyDeleteHow come they weren't open when we went there? Or did we go to the wrong place.
ReplyDeleteBiota Owl
Hi Momoo...if I remember right, you didn't find the place. I think you were one road south of the hwy ff turn off. I think you would like to see the bulk foods section, lots of baking supplies. The sticky rolls are out of this world good!
ReplyDelete