Sunday, June 10, 2012

I'm Overdue


Sorry for my absence blogger friends.  I actually had a nice reprieve from the computer world.  Have you ever done that?  Just said no to social media?  Well, it was very nice and I actually got time to spend with the Son.  It was so nice to have him visit this weekend.  Went out in the boat twice.....once for a late night ride and last night to go fishing.  I didn't actually fish, but just sat in the boat and watched a muskrat swim along the lake bank and listened to the birds singing.  The Son and I even heard a beaver take down a tree in the woods.....so cool! 


Of course I had time to play with the "kids," A.K.A., the kitty cats!  I'm not sure what was outside the door, but probably a squirrel or chipmunk.  They certainly were concentrating on something.

Oh, and I can't forget the farmer's market with all the tempting goodies.  These glazed donuts are to die for!!!  The Mennonite woman brings all her freshly baked goods to the farmer's market every Saturday.  I think the Son has been buying a glazed donut from this woman for 4 years now......she's actually well-known for her homemade donuts.   Besides the sweet stuff, we also bought some fresh garlic, rhubarb and strawberries.

In a nutshell, things have been very busy here at the tainterturtles household.  Bike man is busy on the weekends with his lake and stream monitoring. plus working with his granddaughter on her college field experience for her science degree through UW-Stout.  Something tells me the whole summer will fly by very quickly.  Bike time has been minimal, but we're squeezing it in when we can.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, such reprieves are nice, and spending time with one's children such a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes- the reprieves are refreshing and then I miss everyone- like you and have to come back and check in on everyone... I think I am hungry for a doughnut now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful that you spent such great time with your family, Lisa!
    And regarding those doughnuts: yummy!!! (I'm in the midst of my diet, and just looking at the photo you shared of them makes me want one. I'm going to eat a banana instead.)
    Hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete