Sunday, January 8, 2012

Winter Postponed

I'm so appreciative of this unseasonably warm weather here in the Midwest. My mental outlook is much happier and brighter without all the snow and subzero temperatures. Really proves to me how harsh weather can affect my overall mental health. I'm sure the snow will return and the below zero weather will be knocking at our door, but for now.....I'm smiling!

Did an awesome 3-mile run this afternoon and actually felt good. Getting back into running has been hard for me, especially since I'm not a spring chicken anymore!!! Thought about taking my mountain bike down to the lake, but the warm weather has made the snow on the lake squeeshy....makes riding much harder on the lake.

Special Note: talked to my mom this afternoon and she is getting stronger and stronger each week. It will be exactly one month tomorrow that mom had open-heart surgery. I am simply amazed at her progress for an 81-year old woman. She has a fighting spirit and a zest for life....well after all, she is a Marine's daughter!

3 comments:

  1. Send a special "way-to-go mom" from Harry Legges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update on your mom, I think of her often and she certainly is good inspiration for me! I am most appreciative of this un-winter we have had so far... the light and the warmth truly make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Biiiig hugs to that Marine's daughter....and continued best wishes to her as she recovers.
    I love all your pets, but you know that I want to send a special hug to Annie. She has a place in my heart.
    Congratulations on your 3-mile run. I know that it makes you feel good. I love it when I walk and run. An undescribeable feeling.....
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete