Saturday, November 12, 2011

Perfect Day For a Party

Becca (in the middle) of her wonderful friends, had a perfect day for a birthday party. Sunshine and temperatures in the low 60's, wow, and this is November! Our daughter reminded us that last year on this date, Minneapolis received a significant amount of snow for the first snowfall of the season. I guess we had forgotten about that.

Made sure I jazzed up my Heath Bar cheesecake before taking it over to Becca's house. A little caramel and crushed Heath Bar pieces.
.
Stopped over at the Son's apartment in St. Paul and caught him busy making a batch of pumpkin spice cupcakes with brown butter frosting for his sister's party. Nice! The brown butter frosting was a nice compliment for pumpkin and spices.

I was so happy that our family could be together for Becca's "quarter of a century" birthday. Good food tonight, chicken & beef enchiladas, spanish rice, refried beans, homemade salsa and chips and salad. Thanks to Bike man for making the homemade corn & flour tortillas!

Thank heavens for the clean-up crew! Friends and family are the best. Twenty five years ago? Yup, I remember that day so distinctly.....it changed my life forever.

3 comments:

  1. It was a beautiful day in the cities. Looks like Becca has nice friends and a great family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh....a cookin' famiy!!! :)))
    You go girl!!!
    I'm so happy that you and your family had such a good day celebrating Becca's 25th.
    Love and hugs to you, Lisa.
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great time! How nice that you were all able to be together for the big 25!

    ReplyDelete