I could watch the cardinal all day long if I had the chance. The male cardinal really stands out at this time of the year.
Took off early this morning for a job related training session and headed north. The thermometer read 18 below zero! My vehicle was sluggish, slow to warm up and noisy. I felt every bump and pothole in the road. Froze my butt off....I just couldn't warm up. Then to make matters worse, the facility I was in had furnace problems and they did not release that information to us until 2 hours later. I couldn't understand why I kept shivering....I mean literally shivering. For several hours I sat in my chair feeling chilled and tense. Now tonight, I'm feeling pain in my neck and shoulders. I think sitting there in a cold room really affected my muscles and I was more tense than I realized. Thank heavens I ended up putting my wool coat on the last hour of the session.
Has that ever happened to you? Shivering....chilled to the bone?
PS. During the morning I received a cell phone call from the Police Chief telling me our building lost heat during the night.....the furnace broke down again. He just wanted me to know before I came back to my library.....oh geez. It really wasn't a good day for me.

I hear a warm up is coming.
ReplyDeletewhat Tom said,
ReplyDeleteand yes, the cold, me too, has really effected my shoulders and upper backs with aches, I think the combination of bicycling and freeezing temps is trying to do me in.
Yep, try pushing a snowmachine out of a running creek, wet up to above your knees and then still having to ride the machine for another 3 hours till you get to the cabin? Oh and its only 10 or so above and at night.
ReplyDeleteOh no! Not pain for Lisa....and perhaps lack of heat for you too....sigh. Take care of you, my friend.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cardinal photo (thank you BM! He's captured a splendid cardinal....They are prolific here, too. I love watching them.)
Take care of you, my friend.
Love,
Jackie
I've been that cold before too - I think that's the beginning stages of hypothermia where you keep shivering and just can't get warm. And then it's hard to regain your core temps.
ReplyDelete