Sunday, February 6, 2011

Can I Tell You Something?

I love my new Green Bay Packer bear.....thanks Birgit!

As I grow older, it seems like the lessons I learn leave an everlasting impact....an impact that brings meaning to life. Maybe it's just the fact that I've lived fifty years and now can honestly say, I speak from experience. As a younger person, I would be quick to judge, quick to loose my temper, and a tendency to act on impulses. But now, all things come together and life starts to make a little more sense.

It's been a difficult week learning more and more information about a person Bike man and I know and like, that allegedly has gotten himself into problems with financial issues and personal issues. Then I learn my church is also struggling with legal issues, and my church body will have to make some tough decision in the next few months. Should a person quickly judge and find fault with someone? Should we get mad and blame....pointing fingers?

I guess this is where you have to ask yourself, what pleasure do I get from talking negatively about that person or the situation? If one thing, I've learned to look at all sides of the issue and not be quick to judge....it's hard I know, but I don't live in a glass house and I have certainly made mistakes in my life. My Christian background has taught me to forgive and then move on. I've also learned to keep struggles, issues and certain people in my prayers, instead of condemning them. Yes, that's also hard and I can speak from exprience when I say this.

So, my message today is to forgive, move on, and most importantly....... love. Whether you believe in God or not (and I hope you do), love will bring you peace in your everday life. Thank you all for being faithful blog readers.....I do appreciate your daily visits.


11 comments:

  1. my husband and i will often find ourselves saying something about someone and then quickly look at each other and say.....and about that glass house we live in.....and that stops us in our tracks and reminds us how we can't judge anymore than we'd want to be judged....

    thanks for the reminder.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. well said, I'll show Birgit her bear picture, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christians follow Christ and his example. He literally died to forgive. Christian scriptures teach that Christ will judge, and we are not suppose to. The beautiful thing is that Christ will judge hearts, not actions. Few, if any, humans are able to discern what is in the heart of another. Your words are wise to warn against judging others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful message, my friend...straight from your heart...and a message that Christ would have us to share. I am so glad I found you through blogging...Sisters in Christ we are!
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear that your church is having some problems. That's always a hard time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was raised in a rather judgement filled way. As I grew and was exposed to more and understood my bible lessons better, I worked really hard to suspend that natural tendency to rush to judgement. I too catch myself at times. But I've come a long ways!

    Its a great pleasure to come and visit you here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like to think of the verse in the Bible that talks about what love is in Corinthians.. I like the version in the New Living that says Love is...always hoping the best. That's how I want to look at people. Instead of jumping to conclusions or listening to gossip, I want to hope the best of people and hope the best for them.

    Love your Green Bay Bear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the good words and reminder. It is easy to make judgements but sometimes when you are privy to the whole situation (not just bits and pieces) your thoughts can turn completely around. thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful words that inspire us all to be better people!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love really can cover a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love really can cover a lot.

    ReplyDelete