For me, January always means taking things slower and stepping down in my normally busy life. Sometimes I catch myself feeling a little blue at this time of the year. I'm sure my mood is affected by the colder temperatures and the fact that the sun is lower in the sky, plus the shortened day light hours. Those extra hours of sleep last night were helpful, but my body still felt sluggish today. After attending church and wasting time grocery shopping, I finally made the decision this afternoon to hop on Ruby and exert some energy by spinning.....bicycle spinning that is indoors. Did it change my overall mood? No, not really. But hey, I got to spin next to Bike man! We were kind of a spinning duo today, however I think I caught him trying to draft behind me....grrrrrr!I think my mood will lighten tomorrow as I have a day off from work, which is very much needed. Time away from work is good for the heart and soul.
Yeah, sometimes we gotta climb up the hill and sometimes we get to coast down.
ReplyDeleteSending you a special smile to help your mood......hoping you feel it.
ReplyDeleteHugs and smiles,
Jackie
your sense of humor is alive and well, I laugh at Bike Man drafting in the spin ride. LoL.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day off!
ReplyDeleteHa! Drafting while spinning, now that I have to see! At least you can still find a way to laugh a bit. I have started reading up on vitamin D and am taking a higher dosage- so far it feels like its helping with those winter blues... just thought I'd pass it along as food for thought :)
ReplyDelete