
Please cut me a little slack! At least I'm not 100% wimpy, just 95% wimpy! With winds whipping around 33 mph late this morning and an outdoor air temperature of 7 degrees, I made the decision not to ride my bike on the lake, however, decided to try out my studs by riding down my driveway to retrieve the newspaper. Well, no newspaper today.....forgot it's a holiday, but I did try out my tires on our driveway that is totally ice covered. Never slipped, not once. I'm so glad Bike man bought me studded tires last year!

It was actually a beautiful day today with a frosty haze in the air. The sun finally peaked out around 4 pm when I was outdoors doing some weekend chores. I remember myself saying over and over again.....it's brutal out there! Anytime you combine single digits with significant wind, you've got serious weather. Back in the day when I was a serious runner, I ran sub zero weather. Really. However, when we had sub zero temps with combined winds, I would say no way. Especially not when your eyelashes would freeze shut halfway through your 6 mile run. Ahhhhh, I kind of miss those days!!!

So, part of our chores today were to pack up all the Christmas decorations including the Christmas tree and ornaments. Our crazy cat had to join in on the action, and once again wrapping her whole body around the top of the tree. I swear, this will be the last year we put up a Christmas tree. Before taking down the artificial tree, I had to take the time to pull cat fur out of each individual branch.....it was loaded with soft fuzzy fur! Don't get me wrong, I love cats, but this climbing, jumping and attacking Christmas ornaments thing took the fun out of having a tree this year. Does anyone have suggestions for next year?
I wouldn't take a million dollars for that cat! What a ball of wonderful fun she is!!!...and the photo of her wrapped around the top of your tree made me laugh out loud!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing all your photos, Lisa....I love the winter scenes on your blog so much!!!
Warm hugs from Jackie
Love your kitty Lisa! She is such a fun addition to your family!
ReplyDeleteYou're not wimpy either! I made it out to feed the animals and that was enough for me.
You got me beat, I was 100% whimpy today.
ReplyDeleteBikeman knows just exactly what kind of present to get a girl. Nokians! And he installs them for you!
ReplyDeleteYou're no wimpy, it was just plain too cold.
ReplyDeleteKitty sure is mischievous.
Maybe hang the tree from the ceiling on a plant hook? Or maybe that would make jumping onto the tree all the more fun?! We ended up putting our tree on the table to keep the dogs from stealing the ornaments.
ReplyDelete