Sunday, December 26, 2010

He Means Business



These are the mother of all snowshoes....really! Bike man decided to take the plunge and buy himself snowshoes. I have a feeling they will be put to good use over the next few months.


After our daughter left to drive back home, I headed out on the lake with my snowshoes before dark. As I was walking along my already made trail from last week, I discovered the deer also found my snowshoe trail.....wow, can you believe that? Whitetail deer are so smart. The deer followed my trail for at least one half a mile. When I came to the turnaround spot in my trail, the deer just wondered off to the lake's edge and headed up the hill. One of these days, I just want to be on the lake to watch these deer as they walk my trail back and forth.


Felt good to be outdoors in the cool temperatures. Fresh air, a little exercise and a peaceful end to the day is all I need. I hope you found your peace today.

4 comments:

  1. wow...i have never seen snow shoes like that ever !

    i think personally i'm more of a flip flop girl :)

    i think you're the only person i know who truly seems to love the snow....what a gift you have !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to come here! I see sooo many things I have never seen before.
    If these shoes were on a shelf in South Georgia, there would be quizzical looks from all passers by...as if to say, "What are THOSE?"....
    I hug you warmly....and hope that you have a great time in your winter wonderland!!!
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I have been admiring some of those at the stores lately too. We used to rent them and go up into the mountains in Idaho. It was amazing the distance we could cover in places we would never have been able to go without those snowshoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a nice walk. I want a pair of snowshoes.

    ReplyDelete