Monday, December 27, 2010

Summer Memories

I couldn't help but think about the many trails we bike this summer & fall. This particular trail started out easy, but gradually became more dense with tall grass and thick heavy mud. I thought about all these trails tonight on my drive home from work and realized how much I really missed my summer rides, especially my Monday & Thursday rides. As my mind was wondering thinking about summer riding, I suddenly realized I recognized the person walking along the highway near my home.....it was Joan, my long lost friend.

Being a flexible person that I am, I ended up ditching my plans of snowshoeing tonight after work and ended up going on a nice 3 mile walk with Joan. We were like two chatty women just talking and catching up with each other and discussing our activities. Thank goodness for friends! After struggling in a bad mood today, my cold brisk walk with my friend helped put my mood in prospective.

A good friend is like a pair of cozy sweat pants.....warm, fuzzy and extremely comfortable!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Lisa...how wonderful for you to be with Joan. I love that name. (That's my sister's name!)
    Hope your week is a beautiful one.
    Smiles to my favorite "Wisconsin Turtle" ..and hugs and love to your family....and an EXTRA hug for your Daddy and Mama from Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. neato good chat with friend, and a winter's night walk, perfect food for soul and body.

    ReplyDelete