Today was all about baking, and cooking for my family. My first mission today was to give Becca, Chris and Trisha, a lesson on making one of my cheesecakes. I usually make the toffee cheesecake, but today I decided to make a Snicker's cheesecake. I really had a lot of fun showing the kids how to make a cheesecake from scratch. There was only one little problem. After the cheesecake came out of the oven, my twentysomething kids (Becca & Chris) couldn't resist picking at the outer crust....geez!
Spent all afternoon cooking and preparing our Christmas meal. I did have help from the kids during the cooking process, plus my dishwasher, Bike man! So what did I serve today? Baked ham, mashed potatoes with butter, seasoned corn, sweet potatoes with cinnamon pecan streusel, and herb buttermilk biscuits. The time spent in the kitchen this afternoon and tonight was fun, but before the night was over, Becca and I went to visit a dear friend and her daughter. Catching up with old friends is so good for the heart and soul......especially when there's laughter involved!!! Merry Christmas to all my readers.
I can see the love in the food you cooked. It is all about family.
ReplyDeleteLooks yummy. glad that you had all your kids at home with you.
ReplyDeleteYour meal looks great! Sounds like you had a great time with your family home.
ReplyDeleteI just gained 10 pounds LOOKING at these delicious dishes.
ReplyDeleteHave a beautiful week, my dear friend.
Love,
Jackie