Friday, January 7, 2011

Time To Celebrate

Ahhhhhh, finally good news after five months of doctor visits, surgeries, hospital stays and lots of pricking and poking with needles. Dad's procedure today was a success. This was the first time in a long time that the nursing staff came to us and said, "ok, you can go home now." Wow, how exciting to hear those words. What it all boiled down to is the nephrostomy tube came out and bladder function should return to normal! Currently, no chemo and no radiation is required because no cancer cells were found in the bladder. Mom and dad dad are hoping to return to a normal life now, and especially want to thank ALL my blog readers for the comments and prayers.


So as we were about to leave today, I asked the nurse if she could suggest a good place to eat for lunch because we were all starving and it was also a good excuse to celebrate. She suggested this interesting place called the Great Dane Pub & Brewing Company. As you can see above my choice of celebration was tasting their most popular brew....Imperial Indian Pale Ale. I loved it's sweet hops and citrus tones. Bikeman enjoyed a nice Porter brew. Mom and dad, well they just stuck to good old hot steaming java!!!! The sandwiches we ordered were excellent as well too.
Yup, I'm hoping we all can resume our normal lives. Remember our bicycling trip we had to cancel last August? Already Bikeman and I are replanning our trip along the Mississippi River to Dubuque, IA. More on that subject later.

6 comments:

  1. What a relief! I'm really happy for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your Dad and family too Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahooo, happy happy days are here again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa...I am so happy to read this!!
    It is 11:40 P.M. (EST) and I have been at Mama's (she's been sick today) and I didn't know about your Dad's procedure results. I've been praying all day...and what wonderful news. I left a message on your cell phone as I drove from Mama's back here to Georgia. I didn't know at the time how your Dad's procedure went....but pulled up this blog and am all teary-eyed with thanksgiving. Praise God for all the answered prayers (well, He always answers prayers....sometimes He says 'No'...and I am thankful that His answer was 'Yes'...
    Best wishes on your trip back home....drive safely and give another hug to your Mom and Dad.
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having gone through all you have, the reward is far sweeter on the other side. So glad to hear your Dad is on the mend again and yay for no cancer found in the bladder!!

    ReplyDelete