Lately, we've had about three different woodpeckers feeding on our suet feeder. The pileated woodpecker is my favorite because it's such a large bird and has such a loud call....almost like a shrill. Thanks to Bike man for his photography skills today. I guess I can share the camera, well, once in awhile!
Big snow storm starting tonight, in fact, I'm watching the weather radar and the snow is moving in quickly. Looks like we could expect 12-16 inches by tomorrow. I'm excited and I'm ready....bring it on!

It looks like we're in for a dumping too. I'm not as brash as you though. I'm a little less inclined than you to challenge mother nature by saying "bring it on".
ReplyDeleteAll this snow sure makes it look pretty outside. Okay, right now, looking out the window it just looks cold and windy. But later it will be pretty.
ReplyDeleteNice pic! Bring on the snow...
ReplyDeleteI love this snow!!! Your forecast is even crazier than ours...I read Dunn Co. was in for 16-18 inches...and that you were having two inches pile up by the hour this morning. Sweeeeeet! Artena and I took on the sidewalk and driveway once already. It was unbelievable. With all the drifts there is just nowhere to put all this snow. The steps had already accumulated another inch less than an hour after I shoveled them. Wooo.
ReplyDeleteLove this post! I am envious of the snow you have, Lisa...but am so happy to be able to see it here on your blog...and am simply oooo'ing and ahhhh'ing over your header photo....AND...your photo looking out of the glass at the snow banked up sooooo high (noting the red hot chili hanging....such a wonderful photo - fire and ice!!!) :))
ReplyDeleteI am equally delighted with Bike Man's photo of the woodpecker. A delight to be here...and I wish you and your family only the warmest thoughts and send more warm hugs to your Mama and Daddy.
Hugs and love,
Jackie
I think those big birds are so cool.
ReplyDeleteours is arriving as i type this....they keep changing the numbers on us....so i'm going with 8 inches for now. we'll see :)
ReplyDeleteGood pic of Woody the wood pecker.
ReplyDelete