Sunday, December 5, 2010

Gotta Get Use to the Cold

The new snow is so pretty and fresh, but on the downside, it's COLD! A couple of my friends at church today asked me when was I going to start riding my bike on the lake. My reply was, "as soon as the studs get put on" and the snow holds off. Too much snow on the lake and the studded tires are worthless, plus all that snow makes it really difficult for me to ride.....my aging body isn't as strong as it use to be!

Now Gentleman John commented that he went out riding on the Red Cedar trail the other day. I'm jealous GJ!!!! Honestly, I didn't know bikes were allowed on the RC trail during the winter months. I really miss my trail rides. Hey, Bike man and I are now officially life-long member of the Friends of the Red Cedar Trail.....whoo hoo.

8 comments:

  1. Yep, it is cold out there. I have to wear my winter boots now when I take care of the chickens, and gloves. It as -0- at my house this morning, with wind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This winter I think is going to be a doozy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be careful on that lake, my friend...
    Beautiful photo of the snow in the tree.... I want to reach out and touch it!
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. cold is understatement right now....YIKES it's freezing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its hard to believe its just early December around here... both snow and cold a plenty for awhile now... do you suppose spring could come as early as winter did? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you lake freeze over that fast? Wow! Very nice picture of the new snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was testing a new snow bike that I put together. I think bicycling is allowed as long as the the trail isn't groomed for skiing.

    ReplyDelete