Saturday, October 2, 2010

Booya Days

We decided to head over to Beaver Creek Reserve this afternoon since Booya Days was going on. Booya Days just happens to be a really big fundraiser for the Beaver Creek Reserve, especially since Eau Claire County no longer funds the operation and they need to find ways to help bring in funding. Beaver Creek is where Bike man has spent lots of time with his stream monitoring work. Of course you can't have a Booya celebration without a beaver!


Turned out to be a cloudy, cool, and windy day with localized showers.


This was a good day to enjoy a little booya......a chicken & pork stew with potatoes, carrots, potatoes, onions, green beans, corn, garlic and herbs.

Very yummy, but I had to add lots of Tabasco since I like it hot and spicy. Now I'm motivated to make a big batch of Booya myself. Found a recipe on Allrecipes.com, so I'll let you know if it's good.




1 comment:

  1. Nothing like a little Bouya? on a cold day....well...except for hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete