Friday, October 1, 2010

Refreshing

Today, I headed about 45 miles north to attend an all-day work seminar. The day started out with morning sunshine, but soon turned into dark and moisture filled clouds. I wasn't able to catch any fall colors until my drive home late in the afternoon.

I purposely drove slow, analyzing where to stop and take pictures. One thing I've learned about fall, it's short-lived so take advantage while you can. Fall seems to be early this year, so it took me a little off guard. Can't believe the leaves are already starting to drop.


I decided to take the backroads north instead of the "fast" four-lane route. It doesn't matter if you are a city person or country person. Backroads are the only way to see real America.



I still had lots of cloud cover driving back home late this afternoon, but every once in a while the sunshine would peak out. For me, that meant lay on the car brakes! Quick, stop and take that photo while the sun was shining bright.



It took me longer to get home, but I didn't care. Just taking in the beautiful fall colors was well worth the drive north today. Ironically, the speaker today was a well-know blogger, (David Lee King.) I learned a lot today about the whole social media thing that's taking over everything. Sorry, I won't do Twitter, as I'm too busy with my real surroundings and planning my next bicycle ride. I just have to draw the line somewhere. Geez, does that make me old and not hip because I won't set up a Twitter account?



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Wisconsin's beautiful fall colors. Just amazing! Great pics!

    FB, blogging, email, I'll even text my kids...no tweets for me though. I'm doing just fine with one foot in the cyber-world and the rest of me in reality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MrDaveyGie <--no twitter twitting here, yet........

    Those pictures are amazing.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Pictures! The colors really turned fast this year - it seemed like it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful! I think I need that first picture to hang on my wall next to Tom's popcorn sunset! Hope your dad is feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fall colors are turning me green with envy! I want to come paint on one of those old country roads. The colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete