
Came home tonight after work and this is what the sunset looked like across the lake.

I know I've shown pictures before of our compost pile, but now you can see the snow has completely melted and all the vegetables, fruit & eggs shells are visible. No surprise that I saw lots of deer tracks near the compost pile.

My large morel is slowly emerging from the winter snow fall.

If any of you have read my blog long enough, you will recognize the red top. Yup, Timothy is slowly awakening. The warmer temperatures this week have been nice....very refreshing for the body and soul. A little cooler tomorrow with rain during the day and night.
All very good signs.
ReplyDeleteSee snow,
ReplyDeleteSee snow melt
Melt, melt melt.
:-)
Oh...poor Timothy.
ReplyDeleteHis toesies must be sooo cold.
I love the sunset across the lake.
You capture nature beautifully....
So glad to see that you compost.
You make me feel ashamed:
(1) You exercise and are in great shape.
(2) You compost....and I toss.
Shame on Jackie. But...I'm now riding my bike...so, I'm learning.
Always good to be here, my friend.
Love,
Jackie
what a blessing we've been having...thaw baby thaw !
ReplyDeleteGood for Timmy! I bet he's happy to get a little sun on him.
ReplyDeleteThat morel is huge! How long have you had it? It is also so intact, I am surprised it doesn't get destroyed. I love seeing the first signs of spring!
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone for your "spring" comments.
ReplyDeleteVicky...the morel was purchased about 15 years ago and is made of concrete. We always look for unusual things we can place in our hosta gardens.
Just had to visit because of the name! And then loved your compost pile! lol I JUST got a composter - big turn-y thing that flips everything over and over. I'm thrilled because I HATE throwing out eggs shells, juicing pulp, veggie stuff, etc.
ReplyDeleteAnd this is my first time here but I'm guessing Timothy is a garden gnome.....:)!
RR...welcome to my blog. Yes, Timothy is my favorite gnome. He is currently emerging from winter.
ReplyDeleteGlad you like our compost pile. We also have one of those turnable compost barrels, but we don't use it during the winter because the compost inside is frozen solid.