Saturday, January 9, 2010

Tainter Skillet

Saute 1 small onion, chopped, in olive oil. Add a handful of chopped colored pepper


Add sliced fresh mushrooms, about 1 cup



Add sliced Canadian bacon, about 1/2 to 1 cup.....or try regular fried bacon



Be sure to add seasonings to taste. I love Penzey's Mural of Flavor seasoning. Also add salt & pepper



Continue to saute vegetables on low heat, stirring frequently


Add about 2 cups frozen hash browns


Stir and then pat mixture down with spatula. Turn up the heat to medium. Let sit for five minutes or so



Ahhhhhhh.....add some red pepper flakes if you feel a little "frisky"!



Now stir and flip. Move mixture around to cook evenly




Add 3 beaten eggs, (or in my case add 4 egg whites & 1 drop of yellow food coloring)


Quickly stir. When eggs are cooked.....plate it



For salsa lovers, add several tablespoons over top. Serves 2......enjoy

































9 comments:

  1. Oh yummmm....I'm making this (a slight variation...I'm going to use the real deal eggs...I know, I know...the yolks aren't good for my health....but I love eggs...and mushrooms...and onions and peppers...and hasbrowns...so this is for me!! Thank you Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie...I love the whole egg too, but I've developed an allergy to egg yolks so now I just use the whites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my gosh, Lisa...this looks absolutely divine!!!! My mouth is watering!!!! And your pictures only add to my misery!!! This is an absolute MUST MAKE!!! Thanks Lisa!! Love you! Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got done eating, and now I'm hungry again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks really yummy. What do you do with the yolks?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Krissy...I usually throw away the yolks, unless bike man wants them for a special recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A good meatless hash! Have you seen my own corned beef recipe on my Secrets for Happyness?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to try it, minus the mushrooms and eggs of course..

    ReplyDelete