Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Just Wanna Fly Away



At this time of the year I just wish I could be a bird and fly away to a warmer climate…..one that is more gentle on the body & soul.



Spent the day just blowing and blowing my nose at work. My sinuses are telling me they do not like the cold dry air outside, and certainly not the warm dry air inside.



Tried to revive myself by going to the fitness center after work. Worked out on the virtual bike and then did some weight training. Whoo hoo!



Single digits still dominate our weather outlook…..guess I’ll keep blowing my nose!

6 comments:

  1. Me too! I think that AZ or TX would be nice about right now. I guess I will have to "move" in my mind and plan my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed it was 10 degrees yesterday as I was driving to the hockey rink and with all the layers I had on, I was actually warm and shut off the heat in my seat in the truck! I hope your sinuses get a little reprieve as they adjust to the conditions... or that the conditions improve enough to let you off the hook!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, my friend....you would have to fly somewhere outside of the continental U.S. to get warmer climate, 'cause it's even COLD here in the South. It's supposed to be 17 degrees this weekend...and I know that to some people that's not cold...but this is the deeeep south. Seventeen degrees is reason (to me) to call off school.. !!
    The nose is the first place that feels the cold with me, too. I just hate that feeling.
    I hope that you are feeling better soon....

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least it's been a little sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry...Wish you could fly away!!! Hope that you are feeling much, much better soon!!!! Sending you many, many WARM thoughts!!! Love the photo, btw! Really incredible! ~Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would also like to fly away from this cold.... and we haven't had it as bad as many of you! I love seagulls!

    ReplyDelete