Saturday, December 26, 2009

Where the Wisconsin River Meets the Mississippi River

Everywhere you look there are wild turkeys in the farm fields....do you see them on the side of the hill?

We took off this morning for a short rode trip to Prairie Du Chien.....

where the Wisconsin River meets up with the Mississippi River.



Who said Wisconsin doesn't have mountains! Well, actually these are the bluffs that follow the Wisconsin River. The bluff are much more significant as you get closer to the Mississippi River. Every time I come home to visit, I tell myself that I really miss the hills and bluffs. They really are beautiful.





The main purpose of our rode trip today was to visit Cabela's.....you know, every man's dream store! Found myself a nice pair of Gortex snow pants (bibs), which I can use for snow biking and ice fishing. Wow, guess we women can enjoy the MAN'S store too! Cabela's is a very interesting place to visit, but wouldn't find myself shopping there too often. It struck me as the "rich man's" outdoor store. The prices there are really top-end...... no after Christmas sales at that store, geez.
Enjoyed the scenery and weather today. A beautiful 21 degrees, partly sunny with a few snow showers here and there.




5 comments:

  1. Love the post....love love love the photos! We have wild turkeys here...and they wander around our field and into our back yard...not afraid of us because they know we won't hurt them...but won't let us get too close...wild birds, they are. Aren't they beautiful!
    Is the water in the river frozen?
    I love the snow in your photos, Lisa. Great shots.
    We subscribe to Cabela's magazine...Yep, a man's magazine....but it does have some neat things in there for women too. I enjoyed the 'trip' via photos on your blog tonight.
    Stay warm, my friend.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fantastic photos!!! So terrific to see Wisconsin in the winter!!! I love it!!! It's beautiful! And what fun! I'd love to see the inside of a Cabela's at least once ;-) Hope that you stay warm!! So grateful to have met you in 2009, and can't wait to get to know you even better in 2010!!! Happy New Year...with love, Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are beautiful! We went to Rochester via La Crosse our first summer here and I was entranced with the bluffs. They are gorgeous, kinda like mini mountains.

    Hope your bib's are warm :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. my dad loves cabelas....
    and my mom just loves visiting that area....

    I haven't been there for years, though !

    one of these days....a warmer one of course....you'll have to ride down to closer to me :)

    ReplyDelete