Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Observations


If you have a job that keeps you away from children, you are really missing out. My day was filled with observations of all ages of children.....babies, toddlers, pre-schoolers, early elementary and teenagers. Hey, all in one day!
What I love about the younger children are the comments they make. Every child wants to tell you as much as possible at that very moment you make eye contact. Sometimes you don't even understand their gibberish, sometimes they mumble, sometimes they scream, sometimes they cry, sometimes they laugh, sometimes they smile, and sometimes.........they just observe too! My life, my former jobs and my current job have always centered me around children. Guess it's in my life's plan and I never second guess it, I just accept it.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice blog Lis. No wonder you were a great baby-sitter as a youngster. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a heart for children...that is obvious. I'm so happy that you do. I know that they bless you...and you are a blessing to them. I smiled at your comment about them talking to you when you make eye contact. Soooo true!!!
    I was giving a mental ability test today to a group of children (4 children)...and right in the middle of one of the questions I was asking, a little boy raised his hand.
    I stopped reading the question and looked at him and asked him what his question was...(I thought maybe he had to go to the bathroom.... (???)
    He said, "Did you know that I saw a mother dog giving birth to puppies this morning and it was grrrrross!"
    I just smiled.
    No question from him....simply a statement.
    A statement from out of the blue...completely unrelated or connected to anything we were doing.
    But...that's where his little mind was. And he wanted to share.
    I smiled...continued with the test, and after the test was over, we talked about puppies!
    Much love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids are a wonder that is for sure. Are you feeling better? I hope you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie...thanks for sharing that cute story. We hear lots of similar comments when my Children's Librarian does her story time every Wednesday. The things those little children say are so funny....they are so innocent.

    Kellie...I am feeling better, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In other words. good thing I was not working that day! You like the mumbler don't you?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It takes a very special and kind hearted person to love little ones! You have to be able to step outside of yourself and meet a little one at their level and ability. Plus I think it takes oodles of patience. But I too have always centered my work around children and really find a great joy in them. Good to know we're kindred spirits in our love of kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite kid thing from wed. was the little boy at the end of the day with all the questions. It was just so cute. He was spitting them out one after another.

    ReplyDelete